Upcoming regular meetings
October 13, November 10
All meetings are held at 7:30 PM in Town Hall on Main Street, lower level, unless otherwise indicated.
2ND OPEN SPACE AND RECREATION PLAN PUBLIC FORUM
Date: October 7th, 2015 (Wednesday)
Time: 7 to 9pm
Place: Ashland Public Library - 66 Front Street
Help us finalize this important plan that makes us eligible to apply for state grants!
During our first forum last November, we asked residents for their input for updating our goals, objectives and action plan.
During this forum, we'll:
- share the changes we made as a result of your input;
- ask for your input regarding favorite spots and scenic views in Town; and
- share some information on priority parcels and maps.
Many of the objectives and activities in the action plan directly involve the important issues currently
being worked on and discussed in town, for example:
- land use and development;
- protection and conservation of water resources, and water policy;
- Green Community initiatives and sustainability;
- diverse recreational opportunities;
- multi-use trails;
- community gardens;
- management of recreation fields;
- remediating degraded lands; and
- a town green downtown.
The overall goals of the current plan are to:
- Preserve, protect, connect and enhance Ashland's conservation and natural land resources.
- Provide, maintain and improve diverse recreation opportunities that meet the needs of Ashland's growing population.
- Preserve and improve the quality, character and health of Ashland's community and environmental resources by remediating degraded lands,
protecting common resources and preserving the cultural heritage.
- Building a strong constituency of open space and recreation advocates in Ashland through education and collaborative partnerships.
To view the current plan, please see the link below.
Don't miss this oppotunity to share your thoughts and ideas -- please join us on the 7th! If you are unable to attend, please feel free to send
us your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Space and Recreation Plan
You can reference the text and selected maps from
the Ashland Open Space and Recreation Plan (106 MB, will take a few minutes !!).
Weston Nurseries — Ashland Votes to Purchase 30+ Acres
Spring 2007 Town Meeting voted to purchase the Ashland part of the Weston
Nurseries land. The purchase of this land is important to preserve open space,
including the town's only public water supply.
For more information, see our Weston Nurseries Land page
or the Town web site.
The Ashland Open Space Committee
aims to preserve and maintain areas in Ashland, Massachusetts and provide
opportunities for its residents to enjoy the natural environment.
- Established, mapped, and continues to maintain the Ashland trail system.
- Works to acquire, and advocates for the protection of, open space.
- Is leading the creation of the Open Space and Recreation Plan for submittal
to the town and state.